About Me

My photo
crazy, but happy :-)

Monday, June 30, 2014

Recipe of the Day-ish 7 Pam's Tuna Dip

My step-mom, Pam, made this (with assistance from her sous chef, my dad) for us last year. Since then, if I need something delicious or something to remind me of Florida, this fits the bill. It is nice and fresh tasting and can be spicy if you dip down into the wasabi, or be mild if you take it just from the top.

1/2 lb raw ahi tuna (I buy it frozen, because, Missouri, ya know...), diced
1 shallot, small diced
1 roma tomato, small diced
2 T capers, rough chopped
2 T fresh parsley (I had basil on hand, so that's what I used in the picture)
1 lemon, zest and juice
1 avocado, small dice
1/2 cup mayonnaise

3-4T wasabi

Line the platter with the wasabi. Mix all the other ingredients except the fresh parsley. Place on top of the wasabi and top with the parsley. Serve with ridged potato chips like Ruffles.

No comments: