About Me

My photo
crazy, but happy :-)

Sunday, June 29, 2014

Recipe of the Day-ish 6 IHOP Griddle Cakes

This is a copycat recipe that I have used for at least eight or nine years and it is always a big hit! I don't even know if IHOP still has Griddle Cakes. I think this is where I got it Top Secret Recipes but it was a long time ago, so who knows?
All that was left on Lucille's plate :-)

1 1/2 cup flour (I use whole wheat)
1/3 cup Cream of Wheat
1/3 cup sugar
1t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t cinnamon (not in the original recipe, but I add cinnamon to most everything)
1/2 t salt
1 1/2 cup buttermilk (I use soymilk with a splash of apple cider vinegar and let it sit until is starts to curdle)
1/4 cup oil (I used coconut oil today, but you can use whatever you have)
1 egg, lightly beaten

Mix all of the dry ingredients. Mix the egg, oil, and buttermilk, add to the dry ingredients. Spray or brush a griddle or pan with oil, heat to medium. I have made these all sizes, just do what you like. I think that very large pancakes feel more like you are eating at a restaurant, but I also like bite-size ones for snacking.


No comments: