About Me

My photo
crazy, but happy :-)

Sunday, September 28, 2008

Uneducated Economic Questions

Okay, everyone is talking economy and, of course, I'm also concerned. I mean, realistically, I know I don't have any money. I'm not supposed to, I'm a waitress. But, for heaven's sake, the rich people are supposed to have money! I get all confused when the rich people start infringing on my poor territory. So, here are my questions. Keep in mind that I really have no idea what I'm talking about:

If the US is so ridiculously in debt already, where are we coming up with $700 billion? If I already owe more than I have, I can get another credit card or loan, I guess, but I don't actually have the money to loan someone else.

As far as I can tell, the Dem plan has a cap on the compensation of the CEOs of companies we bail out. Um, why are they still the CEOs? If I am manager of a restaurant and spend my whole budget on cabbage and mopheads and none on food we actually need thus making the restaurant lose all its money, I'm pretty sure I shouldn't expect my next paycheck, much less any bonuses.

I also don't get how spoiled we are. The media is saying things like, credit won't be able to be extended and entrepreneurs won't be able to open new businesses, people won't be able to buy new houses. I'm sorry, are these things that are absolutely necessary? Would it hurt to put a slowdown on things like this? Maybe take a bit more time to consider the risks?

Also, if the rich people have less money will they still come out to eat? (selfish concern about self-preservation)

(In case you're interested, here is the *entire* $700,000,000,000 plan - it will take you about a minute to read it: Treasury bail-out proposal)

No comments: