About Me

My photo
crazy, but happy :-)

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Things I like today

Get to know Kolbi:

Radio station: KQQX Almost streaming, if you click on the "yes" circle at the bottom of the widget it will play the songs and the videos with just a few glitches (sometimes it stops a song right before the end and switches to the new one, I don't know why) On this site it gives you the option of downloading to iTunes and gives you the band info and lyrics:
KQQX @ yes.com

Applebees: pays the bills year round and keeps me out of trouble.

Jolly Rogers: gives me some spending money in addition to paying the bills and makes me feel like I am on vacation even when I can't really afford one. I work harder here than I ever have before, but also love it more than any other job I can imagine.

Leinenkugel's Summer Shandy: Lemonade beer. Yummy. Also worthy of mention, the Sunset Wheat Tastes like good beer with a tiny hint of Fruit Loops. I know, this isn't probably what they are aiming for, but it is fantastically delicious. :-)

Sixx AM: Nikki Sixx's new band. Terrific, true rock music, made even better if you read the story behind the music. I love when art is more than beautiful, when it is a way to express things that you can't find any other way to tell.

Midwives: Never give up

Books: Percy and the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. I got the first of this series for Levi when I
saw a boy his age reading it at work and he loved it so much, he convinced me to read them. He also now has a library of other books on mythology, proving once again that when self-motivated, learning is never a chore. They are fantastic books and Levi could pass any college course on Greek mythology with flying colors!

Quotes for the day:

Don't marry the person you think you can live with; marry only the individual you think you can't live without.
James C. Dobson

Love is composed of a single soul inhabiting two bodies.
Aristotle

When love is not madness, it is not love.
Pedro Calderon de la Barca

A kiss is a lovely trick designed by nature to stop speech when words become superfluous.
Ingrid Bergman

How absurd and delicious it is to be in love with somebody younger than yourself. Everybody should try it.
Barbara Pym

Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage.
Lao Tzu

In the duel of sex woman fights from a dreadnought and man from an open raft.
H. L. Mencken

It is a good thing for an uneducated man to read books of quotations... The quotations, when engraved upon the memory, give you good thoughts. They also make you anxious to read the authors and look for more.
Winston Churchill

Perhaps it is better to be irresponsible and right, than to be responsible and wrong.
Winston Churchill


When I do good, I feel good; when I do bad, I feel bad, and that is my religion.
Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865), (attributed)

No comments: