About Me

My photo
crazy, but happy :-)

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Hands OFF!

I am so sick of legislators deciding what is best for my uterus. Do they honestly think that ALL women fit into one neat category and can be shuffled through the healthcare system as if they were one patient? Personally, I want the legislature as far from my uterus as possible!

It seems so simple - let women research options and decide what is best for themselves and their families. Use legislative power to restrict truly dangerous and corrupt ideas, but let medically-sound options remain legal, even IF an individual legislator personally thinks it is crazy.

The idea that midwives in Missouri were ever determined to be so dangerous that they needed to be felons is unfathomable to me, but even more so is the idea that the Missouri State Medical Association now thinks that they should remain so. More info and rant to come, gotta run to baseball!

No comments: