About Me

My photo
crazy, but happy :-)

Friday, August 8, 2014

Basil Avocado Spread/Dip

I have a lot of basil growing right now. A LOT of basil. I love basil, thankfully, but you can only have tomato basil pasta and pesto so many times before you start looking for other avenues. This is a "throw everything that I need to use up today into the bowl" recipe and it turned out wonderfully.


Basil Avocado Spread/Dip

1 cup basil leaves
1 ripe avocado
1 small tomato
1/4 cup onion
1 large clove garlic
1/4 cup olive oil
juice of 1/2 lemon
s/p to taste

Throw it all into the food processor or blender and process until it is a smooth as you like. Tip - change the basil to cilantro, the lemon to a lime, add a jalapeno and you get a great guacamole.

I toasted some crusty bread slices in olive oil and served it as a spread for dinner last night and today ate it with tortilla chips, both ways were delightful!

No comments: