About Me

My photo
crazy, but happy :-)

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Chilihead

 Yup, they call us Chiliheads.  Just as bad as an Applebuddy, I guess.  Why do chains have to be so corny?  Sheesh, can't I just work there for heaven's sake!  I am on Day 4 of my training at Chili's.  I've only been a server for twenty years, of course, I need FIVE days of training!  Argh! 

So far, it's fine, I guess.  It's no Pirate, that's for darn sure.  I miss the Pirate already.  :-(  I think I can make enough to survive there, but it's going to mean some belt-tightening which I'm NOT looking forward to.  I love going out to eat and I love being able to buy little things that aren't just necessities and I love going to fun activities and little mini-vacations to St. Louis or even just Columbia.  I'll muddle through and the kids will too, but it's just not as much fun and it's not as easy as when the Pirate is picking up the tab. 

So, that's what I've been up to.  Not terribly exciting, I know.


And an unrelated quote, but I like it:

Conventionality is not morality.
Charlotte Bronte (1816-1855)

No comments: