About Me

My photo
crazy, but happy :-)

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Levi is ELEVEN!


Today is Levi's 11th birthday. I can't believe it. Honestly, how did 11 years go by so fast?! I feel like my grandma all the time, talking about "the good ol' days" and years ago as if they were days.

He had a party with Tracy and a few friends on Saturday and today we are having the neighbor kids and Tuesday and Kane (his cousins) over for a small party. He has leftover cake still, so I am not making one, but we are making strawberry smoothies which are his absolute fave, so he is excited about that. It should be fun and low-key, which I need on my only day off this week. I used to go way overboard on parties and this year, Paige's was a bit much, but I'm getting better at just letting it be easy. We are also having a pizza party at baseball tonight, so that will be fun, too.

I am giving him a trip to Chicago this weekend. He doesn't know anything about it, but I keep torturing him with a "super secret surprise" present. Friday morning we are going to get in the car and I'm going to start driving and see how long it takes them to realize this is more than our usual errand running. My friend, Jane lives there and she has a son his age, Will, and a daughter, Katie, a little older than Paige so they will have fun playing and I will get some wonderful intellectual stimuli. We will probably do the Field Museum and Shedd Aquarium, or at least one of them and maybe get dessert at a fancy restaurant. I am really excited about it. I have the money to spend, although I should put it toward the remodelling debt, I think this will be something he remembers a long time, if I got him a new toy, he would forget about it in a week.

No comments: