About Me

My photo
crazy, but happy :-)

Sunday, November 23, 2014

Basic Muffin Recipe

I am pretty sure I stole this (possibly from The Tightwad Gazette), but I have used it for so long, I'm not 100% sure any more. It is my go to snack and breakfast muffin.
Tiny banana muffins! 



Muffins

1 ½ C flour
½ C sugar
2 t baking powder
½ t salt
1 C milk or other liquid (a little less if your filler is really liquid-y)
¼ C oil
1 egg
1 ½ C filler
spices (usually about 1 t, but adjust as you need to)

I love this recipe because it is a starting point for whatever we have. Just add 1 ½ cups total of any mixture of things, like shredded carrots or zucchini, or crushed pineapple, or chopped nuts, or chopped apples, or canned pumpkin, or chocolate chips or coconut, or... whatever! Just match the spices to what you add (or just go with cinnamon, it almost always works).

If you want to go savory: crumbled bacon (pre cooked) and scrambled eggs (pre cooked) with sage, salt and pepper

Mix all ingredients, place in greased muffin cups or whatever other pan you have (I like to make two shallow 8 inch squares). Bake about 20 minutes, depending on your pan size. They are done when a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.


Preheat oven to 400ยบ Bake 18-22 minutes for regular muffins or 25-30 for large muffins.                  

No comments: