About Me

My photo
crazy, but happy :-)

Sunday, February 10, 2008

Quotes

I LOVE quotes! I came across these on Nikki's website:

"Before you speak, ask yourself:
Is it kind,
is it necessary,
is it true,
does it improve on the silence?" --Shirdi Sai Baba, Indian saint


"I would rather be ashes than dust! I would rather that my spark should burn out in a brilliant blaze than it should be stifled by dry rot. I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet. The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time." Jack London

and thought I would share some of my favorites.

"Nothing of me is original. I am the combined effort of everyone I have ever met." Chuck Palahniuk Invisible Monsters

"Those whose cause is just will never lack good arguments." Euripedes Hecuba

"Trying to control love is like being the captain of a small sailboat on a chaotic sea of frustration and ecstasy." DW Pop Rocks and Coke

"If I were asked...to what the singular prosperity and growing strength of that people ought mainly to be attributed, I should reply: To the superiority of their women." Alexis de Tocqueville Democracy in America

"Do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself. Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day." Jesus Matthew 6:34

"I will carve a tunnel of hope through the mountain of despair." Martin Luther King, Jr.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed people can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has." Margaret Mead

"Dreams are how we figure out where we want to go. Life is how we get there." Kermit the Frog Before You Leap

No comments: