About Me

My photo
crazy, but happy :-)

Thursday, March 21, 2013

Basic Hummus

There are many, many ways to make hummus. This is what I do when I feel like hummus at home - it's nothing special or fancy, but we like it.

1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, also known as garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
medium garlic cloves

Juice of 1 medium lemon
1/4 c roasted tahini (I rarely actually have tahini, so I skip it or drizzle about 1/2 t of sesame oil)
1/4 c olive oil

water if it needs it to blend well
S&P

Throw it all in the food processor until it is relatively smooth. 


Sometimes I add one or more of the following:
 a teaspoon or so of cayenne or smoked paprika
1/4 c diced onion or green onion
1/2 c fresh parsley
5-6 oven roasted cherry tomatoes, diced (my friend, Jen taught me how to make these and I made a whole bag this summer and they are in the freezer)

No comments: